We are back at the JW Marriott here and they have treated us so well:) The manager upgraded us to a suite with an amazing view. Fred has status with Marriott, but they have really gone above and beyond. They know we are on an adoption trip and have been very kind and generous to us.
We are soooo excited to go home tomorrow. This trip has gone amazingly well, but it we all can't wait to see Daniel and Sam.
Joshua is still doing really well. He has definitely taken to me, but will also go to Baba, but prefers me:) He always seeks my hand out to hold as we make our way through the streets or train station. He's Mama's boy... and I love it. He calls me "Ma", like he's from Brooklyn or something. It's so cute.
I guess the language barrier is the biggest obstacle right now, but we seem to be in tune with each other and I can sense what he wants or needs. I wish I knew exactly what he is saying when he shares something exciting with me, but I get the gist. That is a small inconvenience in the big picture. We sat near a lady from Hong Kong on the street car today and she seemed surprised (like MANY other people) when we told her we had just adopted him. She said, "Well, he is very lucky... lucky boy." Maybe.... and of course, I tell people that WE are the lucky ones... but really I have never thought of it as "luck." I know that God has had a plan all along. That He puts desires in our hearts according to His plan. I know that I am very blessed, and I don't know why. I don't know why so many children and families in this world have to endure such hardships and tragedies and painful decisions in their lives. But I believe that God can work miracles, and he can heal wounds that we cannot even begin to imagine. I get overwhelmed at the thought of how "lucky" I am to be a mom to my amazing kids... all of them. It is my greatest joy.
We went to Shamian Island before we left Guangzhou yesterday. It used to be owned by the French and British and has architecture from those countries and is a historical district now with shops, restaurants, a school, and a church.
Bye, Bye China... Hello, Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a very cool city, very international. We took the street car from our hotel area, which is full of banks, businesses, and high-end shopping down to the more traditional, Asian area of Hong Kong. Less than a 10 minute ride we went from Prada, Tiffany, Cartier, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Burberry, Armani, you name it, it's there... down to places like this...
Notice the gold sign... hmmmmm
Apple Store
We also took the ferry across the harbour
This tree in the window is made from thousands of number #2 pencils (I think it was a women's clothing store)
We are resting in the hotel now and will head to The Peak soon to take in the view and have dinner. To bed early and getting up EARLY to catch our flight HOME!!!!
For those who can come to the airport, our flight gets into Atlanta around 3:30pm on Friday. It's Delta 296 from Norita (Tokyo.)
My next blog post should be from home sweet home!


Can't wait for more updates! Glad he is doing great!
ReplyDelete